Farm Supply Delivery Driver
“Milk producers across Ontario rely on Norwell Dairy Systems to provide the best solutions to help meet the challenges of running a profitable dairy operation. From automated milking parlors to rubber boots to good old fashioned advice, Norwell has grown into the country’s largest dairy farm engineering and supply company through its unwavering commitment to quality. Quality products, quality service, quality people …. drop us a line or drop by, the coffee’s always on.”
The purpose of the role is to deliver consumables and parts to dairy farms in Western Ontario. This role must also recognize the public exposure of our vehicle fleet is part of corporate image and safe and courteous driving maintains Norwell’s professional image.
Job Posting Details
Job Title: Farm Supply Delivery Driver
Location: Drayton, ON
Salary Range: TBD
Start Date: Immediately
Applications accepted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Type: Full Time
Date posted: January 22, 2019
Roles and Responsibilities
- Safe and on time delivery of farm supplies to dairy farms
- Able to follow delivery instructions pertaining to desired location of product in farm milk houses and utility rooms
- Work as part of a team with the area account manager and the SCM team.
- Professional Image – you must always maintain a professional image. This means your uniform is clean and presentable, and you have appropriate interpersonal skills to interact with customers. Ensure safe handling of chemicals therefore it is mandatory at all times you wear safety goggles and gloves and other PPE provided to you and that you follow all safety protocols as outlined in your training and employee handbooks, on line training and any subsequent Health and Safety sessions after hire.
- Responsible for scheduling Delivery truck maintenances and ensure the truck is kept clean and tidy inside and out. Comply with all MTO regulations including maintain an up to date log book and ensure your truck manifest is always up to date and accurate.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as outlined by the Company Handbook.
Skills and Qualifications
Safe driving in various weather conditions
Ability to navigate rural Ontario
Being prepared to engage the customer and forward any opportunities and/or concerns regarding the customer to the customer account manager
Able to perform some heavy lifting
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years previous driving experience
- Previous customer service experience would be an asset
- Certification of dangerous goods
- Valid class DZ or greater, Ontario driver's license
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you require any sort of accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please advise us.