Full Time - Hourly (44h/week)
We are looking for an Installation technician to join our team. As a member of our installation team, you will work closely with our Installation crew to start, carry through and complete projects. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and receive ongoing training to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work safely in accordance to Norwell and Ontario Labor laws and policy.
- Work with our Customers and other trades to install the purchased milking equipment to the standard required and sold.
- Ability to read diagrams and schematic drawings
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions
- Good understanding of electrical and pneumatics and to safely work with.
- Interest and ability to learn from training and reading
- Ability to represent Norwell Dairy in a professional manner
- Become familiar with Milking procedures, characteristics of milking systems etc. in order to help with decisions for startup of equipment.
- Have good understanding of the NMC standards and keep up on industry changes to these recommendations.
- Good record keeping and be able to fill out reports and forms in a neat timely manner.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous way.
- Work with Inventory department to plan inventory requirements.
- Keep a neat organized truck and job site and maintain proper inventory levels
- Fill out all check list, forms, charts required in a neat organized fashion
- Excellent background in the agricultural industry
- Must be a team player with the ability to work alone
- Motivated by quality workmanship and customer satisfaction
Performing or Other Related Duties
- Works well within team environment or alone
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and stamina to be active on job sites for up to 8 hours daily
- Heavy lifting, bending and carrying required
- Some aspects of installation require climbing and working off stepladders or scaffolding.
- Training in working at heights and all other required safety & workplace courses and certificates provided
Work Experience Requirements
- Computer Skills at the intermediate to advanced level; MS Excel
- Comfortable with mobile networks or willing to learn
- Experience in Agriculture/Dairy Industry an asset
- Previous hands-on work experience
- Welding experience is an asset
- Valid G license with a clean abstract
- Experience on a dairy farm
- Grade 12 (preferred)